We're here to help!
With tens of millions of users, Hand Over's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. Our free app makes it easy to sell what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on what you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because Hand Over's technology automatically suggests a title, price and category.
Want to change your profile settings? No problem!
· Go to your profile
· Tap the edit icon
· Change your photo, username, bio, location, email address or password
· Save your changes
To log out of site, follow these steps:
· Tap your profile picture in the upper right corner
· Tap "Log Out"
Trust & safety
For safety reasons, we discourage sellers from shipping their items to buyers, as well as paying for items in advance and receiving them via shipment.
We strongly encourage cash payments, avoiding money orders and certified checks.
Hand Over's number one priority is and will always be our users’ safety and satisfaction. We want you to have a great experience buying and selling on Hand Over, so take a look at the tips below before you start hunting for a laptop or list that bike you never use anymore:
· There are millions of great deals on Hand Over, but be wary of listings with unrealistically low prices, catalog photos, or other photos that obviously haven’t been taken by the user. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
· Always check a seller’s profile page (the same goes for potential buyers).
· If you have any doubts about a user’s authenticity, find another seller/buyer. There are millions of them on Hand Over!
· Please familiarize yourself with your local government’s current restrictions, and take the proper precautions to protect yourself and others. For safety, and if local restrictions allow, we recommend meeting in a public place during the day. Learn more about Hand Over's COVID-19 response here.
· The best way to complete a transaction is to exchange the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit card/check to pay someone in advance.
· Make sure information on the condition of the item, price and payment method is clearly outlined and agreed upon prior to meeting.
· Before paying for something and completing the transaction, inspect the item and check that everything matches the seller’s description.
· Never give out your personal financial information to make or accept a purchase.
· Avoid certified/cashier checks and money orders.
· Test an item to make sure that it works properly before purchasing it, especially if you’re purchasing electronics, a car, a bike, or something similar. Note: When purchasing vehicles, always verify the vehicle identification number (VIN) and consult third party sources that can check the vehicle’s history for theft, damage and identification.
· If you think you are a possible victim of a fraudulent or offensive user on our app, please report this user immediately so we can investigate further and take appropriate action.
Hand Over's app has been downloaded millions of times with millions of items posted for sale. The vast majority of Hand Over's users are trustworthy and online classifieds have been used securely in the U.S. and around the globe for decades. Even so, always take the proper precautions, as you should anytime you buy or sell online.
Visit someone's profile if you'd like to see what they're selling, have sold, their rating and reviews, and their verification. To access their profile, tap the profile picture that is included in their listing's information or in chats.
Hand Over provides an online platform where users advertise and search for a variety of goods and services. However, the interaction and negotiations between buyers and sellers are the sole responsibility of the parties involved. Because of this, Hand Over can't provide refunds or assist with disputes.
We recommend buyers and sellers meet in person and that transactions take place only after the buyer inspects the item. Always avoid cashier checks, Western Union and other kinds of wire transfers.
It’s simple: everyone likes knowing who they’re chatting with, just like you do. That's why our data shows that users who have a profile photo and have taken steps to verify their accounts have more success on Hand Over, whether they’re looking to buy an iPhone or sell their car.
Currently, We are not allow to delete messages
If you’ve contacted a user through chat but they’re not responding, be patient. They might check the app in a while and get back to you soon. If it’s been a few days and they’re still not responding, we recommend finding another listing or another buyer, as the user may be inactive or it might have been sold. Please keep in mind that the Hand Over team is not able to intervene in order to facilitate the conversation.
Setting up a place to meet with a buyer or a seller is easier than ever. Just follow these steps:
· Tap the location icon in the lower left corner of your chat conversation
· Search for a location. Please familiarize yourself with your local government’s current restrictions, and take the proper precautions to protect yourself and others. For safety, and if local restrictions allow, we recommend meeting in a public place during the day.